Toggle menu

Non-resident charity permits

West Sussex County Council is the authority responsible for on-street parking provision. Parking Services at Chichester District Council process and issue permits on their behalf.

Permits maybe issued in order to assist staff/volunteers working for charitable organisations working within the controlled parking zones and/or those regularly visiting residents.

Who can buy a non-resident charity permit?

In order to buy a non-resident charity permit:

  • you must be a registered charity organisation and be registered with a valid charity number.
  • you must work for the registered charity.

A permit will only be provided if the issuing authority considers that there is likely to be unused parking places within the requested zone.

As priority is given to those living in the area/zone, please be aware that should demand for resident permits increase, we may write to you and ask you to return the permit to us.

A permit cannot be issued for occasional loading/unloading activities, as this may take place at any time as long as the vehicle is not causing an obstruction or hazard to other vehicles.

What evidence will I need to provide for a permit?

In order for your application to be considered, please provide the following evidence:

A signed statement of need from senior management, on charity headed paper detailing:

  • the registered charity number.
  • evidence of your role within the charitable organisation.
  • why the permit is required (what is the operational need?).
  • which road/location is the permit required for. 
  • how often staff/volunteers visit the location.
  • do your staff/volunteers visit/report to a main premises in on a daily basis.

We can accept evidence in PDF format or a clear photograph of the documents can be uploaded.

Please remember that without the information above we may not be able to process your application. The council reserve the right to refuse an application.

Apply for a non-resident charity permit

We are no longer selling or renewing permits at East Pallant House. 

Non-resident charity permits are generally road specific and will only be issued to a whole Zone in exceptional circumstances. These will be looked at in detail and determine if you qualify for a charity permit.

ZonesApply for a non-resident charity permitOption to Choose on the MiPermit portalWhat type of permit will i receive?
A, F, G, H, H2, M, N, O, SApply for a non-resident charity permit (opens new window)Non-Resident Charity PermitsA digital permit. A notification email will be sent when the permit is active. There is nothing to display in the vehicle when using digital permits.

Non-resident charity permits costs

Controlled Parking Zone

Annual chargeSix month chargeLow emission vehicles annual chargeLow emissions vehicle six month chargeOperational Times

Full Time Zones



£92£131.50£6909:00 - 17:00


£92£131.50£6909:00 - 17:00


£92£131.50£6909:00 - 17:00


£92£131.50£6909:00 - 21:00


£92£131.50£6909:00 - 17:00


£92£131.50£6909:00 - 21:00

Part Time Zones



09:00 - 10:00 & 13:00 - 14:00


£55.50£79£4210:00 - 11:00 & 14:00 - 15:00


£55.50£79£4210:00 - 11:00 & 14:00 - 15:00

Supporting information

Low emission vehicle discount

Applicants with Permitted low emission vehicles are entitled to a discount on non-resident permits.

Changing registration / Adding additional vehicle registration / Lost permits

Where a permit change is required, you will need to provide evidence to support your application if your vehicle is low emissions.

To apply to have a vehicle registration changed on a non-resident charity permit, please visit MiPermit online  (opens new window) and click on Permit Vehicle Registration Changes or call them on 0345 520 7007.


To request a refund, please contact MiPermit online  (opens new window) or call them on 0345 520 7007.