Housing advice form
As of 25 May 2018 the council has changed the way it manages and stores your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
For further information on how the council manages this information it collects from you please see the council's data protection and freedom of information page.
You can receive housing advice from the council by completing an online housing advice form using the button below. Before clicking the link (which is an external site), please ensure you have read all the important instructions.
Start your housing advice application
If you have already begun an application you can complete the form by logging back on through the Housing Advice Form login page.
Before completing the form you will need:
- An email address - the form provides guidance and links on how to set up one
- National Insurance Number - Find a lost National Insurance number
- Your current address - address history for the last 6 years will also be required
- Medical information about you or the member of your household
- Financial information for all household members e.g. wages, benefits, tax credit and child benefit awards, savings , expenditure
The more detail you provide about your current circumstances within the form, the more help you will be able to receive from the Housing Advice team.
Required ID and supporting documents
- You can upload ID and other documents through the Housing Advice form - you can also provide documents to reception at Chichester District Council offices.
- ID for all household members: e.g passport, birth certificate, driving license
- Income evidence e.g. payslips, benefits letter, tax credit and child benefit award letter, pension letter, bank statements, P60
- Medical information e.g. letters or reports from a GP, hospital consultants or other medical practitioners such as an occupational therapist.
- Proof of address e.g. tenancy agreement, notice from your landlord
What you need to know before completing the housing advice form
- The form is accessible through most devices: laptop, tablet or phone
- You will have 10 days to complete and submit the form. After this time, a new form will need to be completed
- Please remember your security question and answer. You will be prompted for it if you forget your username and/or password.
- You will be timed out after 15 minutes of inactivity. If you need to stop or find additional information, the finish later option will save your current progress. An email will be sent with your login details and access to the customer portal. Please ensure you complete the form within 10 days.
- If you are unable to fill out the form, you can attend the council offices where computers are available.
On completion of the housing advice form, a Housing Advice officer will contact you to confirm your details and establish future actions.