Energy advice and support for those on low incomes
|Website||How they can support you|
|LEAP (opens new window)|
- Home visit assessments to find out how you can save energy at home.
- Help with energy bills payments or high energy bills.
- Issues with draughts, damp or condensation.
- If you live in a cold home.
- If you have problems with your heating.
- Smart meter advice.
- Replacement whitegoods appliances (opens new window) (cookers [not gas], fridge freezers, washing machines) for appliances over 8 years old.
|Citizens Advice Energy Advice Service (opens new window)|
- Energy bills payments,
- Empowering you to take action with energy debt
- Switching suppliers,
- Signing up for new and existing grants
- Information on new schemes
- Help make homes more energy-efficient
- Assisting with home improvements
- Help with repairs using grants.
|website (opens new window)|
- give valuable tips on how to stay warm at home,
- provide free home energy visits,
- sign up those in need of additional support to the Priority Services Register
- and access grants for energy efficiency measures.
Help with household bills
Please visit Help with household bills. You should also contact your energy provider who have an obligation to provide support (opens new window).