Food safety training
- Level 2 - Food safety for catering
- Bespoke group courses
- Safer Food Better Business (SFBB) coaching sessions
It is a legal requirement for food business operators to make sure all food handlers are supervised, instructed and/or trained in food hygiene matters in line with their work activity. For all but the most basic food-related jobs, this will involve the person training on a one-day level two or equivalent, food hygiene course.
We have run a variety of food hygiene and health and safety courses since 1985. As a result, we have awarded more than 3,250 Food Hygiene Training Certificates. The courses are awarded by Highfield Qualifications and are delivered by trained Environmental Health Officers in our offices at East Pallant House, Chichester. If you have any queries please email the Health Protection Team at email@example.com
This Level 2 Course consists of a total of six hours of tuition on food hygiene and includes the following subjects:
- Microbiological hazards
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Food poisoning and its control
- Personal hygiene
- Design of premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food pests and control
- Food safety management (from purchase to service)
- Food safety legislation
The course is concluded with a short multiple choice examination.
- Tuesday 26 March 2024
- More than 7 days before the course date: Full refund or transfer to another scheduled course date.
- 7 days or less before the course date: Full refund minus £25 administration fee or transfer to another scheduled course date (£25 administration fee charged).
- Less than 24 hours before the course: No refunds made for requests received after that time. Possibility to transfer to another scheduled course date (£25 administration fee charged).
If you are unable to attend the course you are booked on, you may substitute, by prior arrangement, someone else from your business. Please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering
In addition, we offer a bespoke Highfield Qualification Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering businesses, making in-house group training both convenient and cost-effective. Training, with a minimum of 12 candidates, can be delivered at your own venue with dates and times tailored to suit your needs. For more information, please email us at email@example.com
If you have any difficulty with completing and implementing the SFBB pack, Chichester District Council can arrange a 2 hour coaching session to help you and your staff understand what is required and how it should be used. The cost £25 per person but we do offer a discount for group bookings. Sessions run for up to 8 people so if there are no immediate courses arranged, we will add you to the waiting list.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It should be remembered that having a Food Safety Management System that is adequate and fully implemented is a legal requirement and will also have an impact on the score achieved for the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.