Toggle menu

Change of circumstances

You need to tell us about changes to:

  • Your home: for example if you change address, change your tenancy, or get a new landlord
  • Your payments: for example who we pay benefit to
  • Your circumstances or your partner's circumstances: for example if you start work, or if your income or savings change
  • The people who live with you: for example if they change job, if someone moves in or out
  • Your children: for example if they leave education or start work

If you are not sure - tell us anyway.

Make sure you tell us of any changes as soon as possible. If you don't you may not get what you are entitled to and you may get paid too much and have to pay it back.

The most efficient way of notifying us of a change in your circumstances is online.

Report a change of circumstances (opens new window)

To be able to log on online and tell us of a change you need the following information:

  • The surname you used to claim benefit
  • Your postcode
  • Your national insurance number
  • Your date of birth
  • Your benefit claim number (this can be found on any letter from us)


Contact us

For further information and advice email Alternatively, you can phone us on 01243 534509.