West Sussex County Council is the authority responsible for on-street parking provision. Parking Services at Chichester District Council process and issue permits on their behalf.
Carers permits can be issued to residents receiving care who live within the controlled parking zones. The permit is issued to the resident of the property and can then be used by the carer whilst they are providing domiciliary care.
We are no longer selling or renewing permits at East Pallant House. If you visit the council offices, you will be asked to apply online. Some customers may not have access to online services. If you do not have access, we will provide paper applications and help. Customers can contact our Customer Services Team on 01243 534500 for advice.
Please visit Digital Controlled Parking Zones for further information.
|Zones||Apply for or renew a carer permit||What type of permit will I receive?|
|A, E, F, G, H, H2, J, K, L, M, N, O and S||Apply for or renew a carer permit|
A digital permit. A notification email will be sent when the permit is active, only then can you use your digital permit. There is nothing to display in the vehicle when using digital permits
Residents parking zone
|Annual charge||Six month charge|
Hours of restriction in zone
City Centre E
9:00 - 17.30
F, G, H, K, L, O
09:00 - 17:00
J, M, S
09.00 - 21.00
H2, N (part day)
10:00 - 11:00 & 14:00 - 15:00
A (part day)
|£22||£12||09:00 - 10:00 & 13:00 - 14:00|
Permits have a cost but are free to those who can provide evidence of being in receipt of one of the following:
- Attendance Allowance (higher rate or lower rate where frequent help or constant supervision is required during the day).
- Receives 8 points or more under the "moving around" activity of the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment.
- Higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance.
In order to buy a carer permit:
- you must live at a property within a zone
- the property should be your main place of residency
- you must be a full time resident of the address requested
- you must be receiving regular domiciliary care
In order that your application can be considered, please provide the following evidence:
- A council tax bill.
- A domestic/utilities bill. (Dated within the last 3 months, showing your name and address)
- A tenancy agreement.
- Bank statements. (Dated within the last 3 months, showing your name and address)
We can accept evidence in PDF format, or a clear photograph of the documents can be uploaded.
Evidence of paid regular care must also be provided if applicable, this could be:
- A letter from the care company stating how frequently the resident is receiving care.
- Proof of a care/bank statement (showing payment for care)
- A support plan.
- Invoice for care payments.
If care is provided by a family member or friend then a letter from the applicants doctor on headed paper is required.
Please remember that without the required evidence we may not be able to process your application. The council reserve the right to refuse an application.
Please ensure you read and agree to the carers permit terms and conditions.
- A carer permit is available for use in permit holder or shared use bays in the zone for which it is purchased.
- The correct registration must be logged against the carers permit on Mipermit before parking. Vehcile registration can be updated through your MiPermit account or by calling MiPermit on 0345 520 7007.
- Failure to park in accordance with the West Sussex County Council Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) or to comply with the terms and conditions of your permit may result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
- If the council suspects that the permit is being misused, it reserves the right to withdraw or cancel a permit at any time.
- Applicants should not park in a resident's bay until the permit or an alternative exemption is purchased.
Where a permit change is required, you will need to provide evidence to support your application.
Digital permit holders
To apply to have a vehicle registration changed on an existing digital permit, please visit MiPermit online and click on Permit Vehicle Registration Changes.
Paper permit holders
As customers are moving over to digital on-street permits, any changes to a paper permit will require a refund. This refund application will be for any whole months left remaining. A new application must be made through MiPermit online.
Note that any change requests made will need to be approved by the Parking Services team, please take into account:
- When your permit change request has been approved you will receive an email notification.
- The permit holder must allow at least 3 working days for these requests to be processed and also consider council opening hours, Bank and Public holidays.
- Whilst your permit is being updated, you will need to find alternative parking. Or use Resident Visitor Permits to cover your stay (excluding Zone E).
Digital permit holders
Paper permit holders
To request a refund for a paper permit, the permit must be returned to Parking Services. Refunds can only be issued for the remaining full months of the Permit and at a minimum of £10.00. This will be payable by BACS transfer to the original payment card and a refund form must be filled out. If the refund needs to be transferred to a different card please fill in this section on the refund form.