Tables should only be used to present data and not for cosmetic changes to layout.
All tables must:
- have clearly defined column header(s).
- only use column headings in tables as information must read from left to right.
- have the correct Chichester District Council design style applied.
- contain a summary field detailing what information the table contains.
All tables must not:
- use html elements for style, this should be done by the websites style sheet.
- be complex with multilevel headings.
- be copy and pasted from word or other software as this can cause technical problems with the code.
We recommend tables contain no more than 4 columns so that they resize well on mobile devices and where possible tables should have short and meaningful text.