We have now introduced advertising on our website. The income we receive from advertising will help us deliver and improve services to you.
- The promotion of any advertisement on our website should not be seen as an official endorsement or recommendation by Chichester District Council of that advertiser's products or services or any company or organisation.
- We are not responsible for the quality or reliability of the product or services offered within any advertisement. We will never knowingly run an advertisement that is misleading, offensive, untrue or fraudulent.
- We also do not accept responsibility for errors, omissions or for any consequences arising when visiting third party websites when following an advertising link.
Excluded organisations and products
The specific categories of organisations and products which may not advertise or be advertised on the Chichester District Council website are as follows:
- Lobby groups;
- Political organisations;
- Manufacturers and distributors of alcohol, and;
- Manufacturers and distributors of tobacco products
- Gambling and betting services, and;
- Pornography and adult content
It would not be appropriate to display advertising which, in some way, touched on socially contentious issues or which contained messages which could be regarded as contentious. The council reserves the right to decide whether an issue is or is not contentious and if the advertising may or may not be displayed.
Any content or advertising which has an overtly sexual 'tone', which features partial or complete nudity or which appears to promote or give undue publicity to illegal or inappropriate behaviour or lifestyles will also be excluded. The council reserves the right to determine what behaviour it considers inappropriate.
Advertising for gambling or betting services is not permitted. The appearance of an advertisement on the council's website is not an endorsement by Chichester District Council of that company, product or service.
If you have any concerns about adverts you see on our site being inappropriate, please contact us.