We have now introduced advertising on our website. The income we receive from advertising will help us deliver and improve services to you.
- The promotion of any advertisement on our website is not an official endorsement or recommendation by Chichester District Council of that advertiser's products or services or any company or organisation.
- We are not responsible for the quality or reliability of the product or services offered within any advertisement. We will never knowingly run an advertisement that is misleading, offensive, untrue or fraudulent.
- We also do not accept responsibility for errors, omissions or for any consequences arising when visiting third party websites when following an advertising link.
Chichester District Council will only accept advertising from businesses whose values, practices and products are not in conflict with the council's policy and priorities. We will not accept advertising from any organisation wishing to promote:
- tobacco and e-cigarettes (and related products)
- betting and gambling
- pay day loans
- illegal activity
- messages of a sexual nature
- messages that promote or encourage violence
- messages that discriminate against any specific social group or exploit the vulnerable
- messages that relate to pyramid promotional and Ponzi schemes
- messages for products or services that may infringe on individual privacy, data protection or consumer rights
- messages that promote, facilitate or encourage users to become indebted without clearly explaining that this will occur and/or without recommending the user to research and consider other options
- in support of political parties, in accordance with section 2 of the Local Government Act, 1986.
The above list is not exhaustive. The council retains the right to decline any advert from any organisation or individual, or in respect of particular products, that the council considers inappropriate.
If you have any concerns that the adverts you see on our site are inappropriate, please contact us.