Yes, you will need permission from the Local Planning Authority to cut live growth if 1) any trees within a Conservation Area which have girths/stems (including any multi-stemmed trees) of 75mm in diameter (3 inches/7.5 centimetres) or greater at 1.5m above ground level or 2) a tree which is protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) will require our priory approval (to apply please click or 3) Conditions have been attached to the original planning permission that require the consent of the Council before any tree works can be carried out. Details of Planning Applications are available to view on the Councils website However, if the property is rented, you may need additional permission from the Landlord which is a private matter between private parties.