Pay your council tax
Council Tax is normally due on the 1st or 15th of each month from April to January. However, you can ask to pay twice a year instead (on 1 April and 1 September) or just once a year (on 1 May). You can pay your account in a number of ways:
The most convenient way of paying your Council Tax is by Direct Debit. The advantages include:
- Extra payment dates of the eighth or twenty fifth
- Payments can be made monthly, or once or twice a year.
- Time is saved (there is no need to write and post cheques).
- Queues are avoided.
- You don't need to worry about forgetting to pay.
- You don't have to carry cash.
- You don't need to buy stamps.
- You don't have to notify your bank/building society if the amount or date changes.
- It's easy to cancel.
- You have a money back guarantee and you are protected by the the Direct Debit Guarantee, which monitors the efficiency and security of the scheme.
Payment can be made using your debit card. Please call our fully secured automated telephone payment line on 01243 534880 to make a payment. Please ensure you have your Council Tax reference number as shown on your latest bill ready to quote. Please note you cannot pay your Council Tax by credit card.
Please use the following Chichester District Council bank details:
Sort code 60-05-24,
Bank account number 26121255.
Please ensure you quote the Council Tax account number as shown on your latest bill.
You can request that your Council Tax instalments are extended to March 2018 (for the 17/18 financial year). Requests to pay over 12 months must be received by the 24 March 2017 in order to start your new payment plan in April 2017 otherwise the first instalment will be payable as notified on your bill. For requests received after the 24 March 2017 the number of instalments will be 11 or the number of whole months remaining to March 2018.
Please note customers already paying by 12 monthly instalments will be extended automatically and are not required to make a fresh application each year.
Please complete the form if you would like your instalments amended.