Pay your council tax
Council Tax is normally due on the 1st or 15th of each month from April to January. However, you can ask to pay twice a year instead (on 1 April and 1 September) or just once a year (on 1 May). You can pay your account in a number of ways:
The most convenient way of paying your Council Tax is by Direct Debit. The advantages include:
- Extra payment dates of the eighth or twenty fifth
- Payments can be made monthly, or once or twice a year.
- Time is saved (there is no need to write and post cheques).
- Queues are avoided.
- You don't need to worry about forgetting to pay.
- You don't have to carry cash.
- You don't need to buy stamps.
- You don't have to notify your bank/building society if the amount or date changes.
- It's easy to cancel.
- You have a money back guarantee and you are protected by the the Direct Debit Guarantee, which monitors the efficiency and security of the scheme.
Payment can be made using your debit card. Please call our fully secured automated telephone payment line on 01243 534880 to make a payment. Please ensure you have your Council Tax reference number as shown on your latest bill ready to quote. Please note you cannot pay your Council Tax by credit card.
Please use the following Chichester District Council bank details:
Sort code 60-05-24,
Bank account number 26121255.
Please ensure you quote the Council Tax account number as shown on your latest bill.
You can request that your Council Tax instalments are extended to March 2017. If you make this request then all instalments payable up to the date of your request must be paid in accordance with your previous bill. Please complete the request form and return to the district council offices. Alternatively the form can be emailed to us.
If you would like your instalments for the next financial year (commencing 1 April 2017) to be extended for 12 months (April 2017 to March 2018) then you should email the taxation office.