Pollution control - water quality
The Environmental Management Team carry out regular sampling and monitoring of water used within the Chichester District, which includes:
- The risk assessment and monitoring of Private Water Supplies and Private Distribution Systems.
- Advice regarding any problems with mains water supplies.
- Monitoring and publishing of the bathing water quality sample results for the three main EU designated bathing beaches in the district.
- Monitoring and publishing the water quality sample results from Chichester Harbour.
- Publishing details of Storm Water Effluent Discharges from the water treatment works and sewer overflows that discharge to the Harbour.
- Sampling of many of the swimming pools open to the public.
In addition, monitoring of water from a bottled water processing plant is regularly undertaken by the Health Protection Team.
Report a water pollution problem