Pay your business rates
Business Rates are payable over 10 instalments on the 15th of each month from April to January (additional instalment dates of 1st or 25th are available to direct debit payers). Alternatively you can request to pay half yearly or annually.
With effect from 1 April 2014 you can pay over 12 instalments on the 15th of the month from April to March (also on the 1st or 25th if you pay by direct debit). Please email or write to the business rates team if you wish to request this option.
You can pay your account in a number of ways:
The most convenient way to pay business rates is by direct debit. The advantages include:
- Payments can be made monthly on the 1st, 15th or 25th, or once or twice a year
- Time is saved (there is no need to write or post cheques)
- Queues are avoided
- You don't need to worry about forgetting to pay
- You don't have to carry cash
- You don't have to buy stamps
- You don't have to notify your bank/building society if the amount or date changes
- It's easy to cancel
- You have a money back guarantee and you are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee, which monitors the efficiency of the scheme
Payment can be made using your debit card. Please call the automated line on 01243 534880 to make a payment. This is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Please ensure you have your business rates account number as shown on your bill ready to quote. Please note you cannot pay your business rates by credit card.
Please use the following Chichester District Council bank details:
Sort Code: 60-05-24
Bank account number: 26121220
Please ensure you quote the business rates account number as shown on your latest bill.