Full planning permission
A Full application is normally required for most types of development, except for domestic extensions which are covered by a simpler application - the Householder Application.
While the national requirement is for three copies plus the original, we only require two copies of the following form and plans:
Location Plan 1:1250 or 1:2500
Block Plan 1:200 or 1:500
Elevation Plan 1:50 or 1:100
Floor Plan 1:50 or 1:100
- Design and Access Statements (DAS) [PDF 142kb]
To accompany all applications for planning permission (& listed building consent) registered after 09/08/06 with only a few exceptions.
- Interim Statement on Planning & Climate Change Revised June 2012 [DOC 78kb]
For all development of one or more new dwellings or for new non-domestic buildings, the developer will be required to demonstrate how the proposals meet our Interim Statement on Planning and Climate Change.
- South Downs National Park Application for planning permission. [PDF 860kb]
This document details the South Downs National Park Application form for planning permission.
- Local List Validation Requirements [PDF 229kb]
The local list comprises 17 different items of information which may be required for planning applications as well as giving useful links to other websites.
- Local Requirements - SDNP [PDF 41kb]
This document relates to the Local Requirements that an application for Planning Permission must satisfy in order to be validated.
- National Requirements - Planning Permission [PDF 14kb]
This document details National Requirements that an application for Planning Permission (including householder applications for works or extension to a dwelling) must satisfy in order to be validated.
- Non Mains Sewerage Systems [PDF 20kb]
This document provides planning advice on effective policies, practices and procedures to ensure the problems associated with non mains sewerage are not perpetuated in any future developments.
- Plans Guidance [PDF 192kb]
An example of the plans required for most applications