The Cabinet is the executive arm of the council. It takes decisions within the plans, strategies and budget approved by the council.
The Cabinet meets ten times a year.
The current membership of the Cabinet is:
- Chairman: Mrs H. P. Caird - Leader of the Council and Service Provision Cabinet Member
- Vice-Chairman: Mr M. A. Cullen - Deputy Leader of the Council and Economy, Tourism and Car Parks Cabinet Member
- Mr. J. C. P. Connor - Environment Cabinet Member
- Mrs. J. E. Duncton - Housing and Planning Cabinet Member
- Mrs. E. Lintill - Leisure, Wellbeing and Community Services Cabinet Member
- Mr. J. Ransley - Corporate Services and Communications Cabinet Member
- Mr. T. Dignum - Finance Cabinet Member
Copies of agendas and minutes of the Cabinet are published on the Committee Papers part of the website.
The key decisions due to be taken by the Cabinet are published in the Council's Forward Plan.