Priory Park is situated in the north-east corner of the walled city of Chichester. The park is bounded on the north and east by the City Walls and their rampart is within the park area. To the south and west the park is bounded by Priory Road and Priory Lane. There are two formal entrances to the park with wrought iron gates and a smaller picket gate that gives access to the City Walls.
Priory Park contains three scheduled monuments; the City Walls, The Guildhall and the remains of a Norman motte. Scheduled monument status indicates their national significance. Priory Park became a subscribers park in the mid-nineteenth century when it was owned by the Duke of Richmond. It was presented to the City of Chichester Council by the Duke in 1918. The park is now managed by Chichester District Council.
The Park has been used on many occasions for large community celebrations at Coronations, Jubilees, as well as the focus for the Chichester gala and the Real Ale and Jazz Festival. The site is within the Chichester City Conservation Area.
The park has many modern facilities including: a children's equipped play area, aviary, bowling green, cricket square, numerous mature trees and planting. There is plenty of open grass areas for recreational use and seats on which to relax. Toilet facilities are located on this site.