Community Forums, first established in the District in 1999, are facilitated by the District Council with support from a variety of other agencies. Each Forum comprises a group of parish councils that:
- Ensure that common issues and priorities are recognised and understood and find their place within policies and strategies devised for the whole District
- Create opportunities for consultation and participation at all levels
- Improve communications within the local area
- Improve communications between the local area, the District Council, the County Council and all those other agencies who influence daily life in the area
- Provide a framework which will ensure a genuine bottom-up approach to the development of a Community Plan for Chichester District
Contact details for each Forum can be found in the Forum coordinators and administrators document.
The boundaries for each forum can be located in the community forum boundaries map.