Website URL :

Council tax

Flint faced buildings

Council Tax is your contribution to local services, including refuse collection and funding for the police and schools.

It is a charge based on your property's value, whatever kind it is. This includes houses, flats, mobile homes, houseboats - any kind of property you rent or own.

If a property is used as both a home and a business (such as a pub), part of it will be assessed for Business Rates and the other part for Council Tax.

Council Tax levels are decided annually. The funds are allocated towards services provided by:

  • West Sussex County Council
  • Chichester District Council
  • Sussex Police Authority
  • Parish Councils


Council Tax registration form


Single resident discount application form

We collect all the money on their behalf. A bill is sent to each separate residence. To see how your council tax is spent please visit the council tax charges page.

Your Council Tax depends on the valuation band of your property. This appears on your bill. Each residence is allocated to one of our district's eight bands. For more information, please visit the Valuation Office Agency website.

You can claim a 25% discount if you are the only adult in your household. Please fill in a single resident discount form.

Top of Page