Your village shop directory
We're lucky to have over 30 rural village shops in the Chichester District.
From Camelsdale in the north, to West Wittering in the south; our village shops are among the best in the South East.
And they have the awards to prove it.
Award-winning village shops
Our district is home to:
- the best village shop in the South East (Compton's Village Shop & Tea Room);
- the best corner shop in Britain (Kirdford Village Stores); and
- the first award-winning, eco-friendly store in the UK (Lodsworth Larder).
That's why we've created this village shop directory. To help you to rediscover our rural village shops and the leafy walks and trails that can be found close-by.
Find out more
On these pages you can find:
- a map showing the locations of village shops in the district;
- village shop and post office opening times;
- details of the goods and services each shop provides;
- links to local walks and cycle routes; and
- listings of local produce and producers.
We hope you enjoy exploring Chichester's stunning coast and countryside and the delights of our award-winning village shops.