What to send to support your benefit claim
Please send us the following original documents within one calendar month of completing your application:
- Proof of all income. Please provide the most recent and consecutive payslips (either two monthly, three fortnightly or five weekly payslips). If you are self-employed, please provide your accounts for the last year, including all receipts and invoices.
- Your full tenancy agreement and proof of rent being paid (rent book or receipts). If you are unable to do this, please print the Landlord's Statement form for your landlord to fill in and send to us.
- Proof of your identity and National Insurance Number.
- Proof of savings and bank accounts. Savings include stocks, shares and income bonds. Please provide your two most recent full monthly bank statements. This includes all current accounts, even if overdrawn, and Post Office or building society accounts.
- You do not need to provide proof of state benefits, including tax credits.
You can take documents to our offices in Chichester, Midhurst or Selsey. We will photocopy them so you can take the originals away with you.
Please let us know if your circumstances change as this may affect your benefit. We will need to see evidence of the change.
- Landlords Statement [PDF 102kb]
Landlords must inform us of their tenants' changes of circumstances that may affect Housing Benefit claims.