Household waste collection
- Report a missed bin collection
- Burgundy wheeled recycling bin
- Black wheeled rubbish bin
- Collection points
- Bin charges
- Apply for a large (360 litre) waste bin
- Assisted Collection
We operate an alternate weekly waste and recycling collection service. To see when your collection it due, please see our Waste and recycling collection dates. Most properties are required to use two wheeled bins, a burgundy bin for recycling and a black bin for residual waste. The council also operates a chargeable garden waste collection service for cuttings using a green wheeled bin collected fortnightly.
Use this form to tell us if your bin was not collected on its normal collection day. Once reported we will investigate the missed collection and get back to you. In the meantime, please leave your bin out in its usual place for collection.
- Provided for the leftover rubbish that cannot be recycled or composted.
- It is not for garden waste, rubble, bulky items, corrosive materials/liquids or hot ashes. Empty paint tins only can be placed in the black bin. Tins containing paint should be taken to the local household waste and recycling site.
- Please do not overfill your waste bin; the lid should be closed at all times.
- We will collect additional general waste that cannot fit inside the black bin if it is contained in a biodegradable Council excess waste sack. Waste contained in other bags around the bin will not be taken away. Council sacks cost 60p each and they should be placed next to your black bin on the general waste collection day.
They can be purchased at the following locations:
- East Pallant House, East Street, Chichester, PO19 1TY
- Selsey Town Council, High Street, Selsey
- The Grange, Bepton Road, Midhurst
The collection point for your bins is just inside your property boundary at the nearest point to the public highway/road. All wheeled bins should be placed by 7am on the morning of collection.
Where properties are unsuitable for wheeled bins, alternative arrangements can be made.
For individual properties there is a charge for the provision of new or replacement bins. If you receive Council Tax benefit you are eligible for a 20% discount. Please provide your benefit reference number.
The prices include delivery and are as follows:
|Bin Size||Standard Cost||20% Discounted Cost||Bin dimensions|
|140 litre (suitable for 1-2 people)||£31.50||£25.20||106cm (H) 55cm (D) 48cm (W)|
|240 litre (standard bin)||£35.00||£28.00||107cm (H) 72cm (D) 58cm (W)|
|360 litre (for 5 or more people and only available by prior arrangement)||£53.00||£42.40||110cm (H) 86cm (D) 62cm (W)|
Where residents share communal facilities the resident association, management company or equivalent will be required to purchase specified containers.
Bins are the property of the resident. Care should be taken to ensure they are safe from theft or misuse by others. We cannot be held responsible for their loss unless damaged or destroyed by the refuse freighter.
To arrange payment and delivery of bins please contact us.
New or replacement 360 litre waste bins are only available for properties with 5 or more people and by application only.
If you are elderly or disabled and find it hard to take your waste and recycling to your property boundary, please contact us or fill in the Assisted Collection Application Form.