- Latest news
- Social media pictures lead to fine for man who dumped bricks in Tangmere
- Make it a summer of cycling in Chichester District
- Children enjoy space sleepover to mark astronaut Tim Peake's birthday
- Man fined after dumping asbestos in Chichester countryside
- HeartSmart Walks celebrate 15 years in Chichester District
- Local elections candidates announced
- Firms urged to review fork lift truck safety following man's life changing injuries at Chichester site
- Council is one of first to introduce contactless card payments in car parks
- Communities in Chichester District offered share of £250,000
- Nominations due to close for by-elections in Chichester District
- Chichester's Wednesday market cancelled - 22 March
- Tim Peake exhibition is shortlisted for a museum Oscar
- Work begins on £6 million Enterprise Centre to boost the local economy in Chichester District
- Council increases average council tax bill by 10p a week to protect frontline services
- Time running out to comment on the draft Chichester Vision
- Becoming bird aware
- Have your say on Wednesday trial market in Chichester city centre
- Council pledges support to mental health campaign
- District Council urges Government to continue to support A27 improvements
- Selsey man fined for breaching caravan plot licence
- Extra public exhibitions about the Chichester Vision to take place
- Fine for fly tipper caught on CCTV cameras in Chichester
- Next steps agreed for Selsey Haven project
- £1.3 million awarded for community-led affordable housing schemes in Chichester District
- Council to consider charitable trust to build on museum's current success
- Cabinet proposes to increase average council tax bill by 10p a week
- Thumbs up for council's frontline services
- People encouraged to shape the future of their city as part of the Chichester Vision consultation
- A27 letter is sent to Secretary of State
- Camelsdale schoolchildren win out-of-this-world sleepover at The Novium Museum
- Council thanks residents for significant rise in recycling
- Tim Peake makes surprise visit to The Novium Museum in Chichester
- Remarkable discovery as Roman houses are identified under city centre park
- Cold weather alert - be prepared
- Tidal surge warning from Environment Agency
- Chichester Farmers' Market cancelled Friday 13 January
- District Cabinet Members support calls for new A27 consultation
- Car park changes to be introduced to cope with increased demand
Children enjoy space sleepover to mark astronaut Tim Peake's birthday
A group of 30 people spent a night at The Novium Museum to celebrate local astronaut Tim Peake's birthday on Friday, 7 April.
The exhibition, sponsored by Air Products, Irwin Mitchell Private Wealth and Vanderbilt homes, tells the fascinating story of Tim Peake's astronomical adventure, from growing up in Chichester to becoming the first British ESA astronaut.
The children had a wonderful time during their sleepover, enjoying a torch-lit hunt around the museum, space-themed craft activities, birthday cake and an interactive bedtime story, before settling down to sleep in the Tim Peake Gallery.
Sophie Williams, aged 7, said; "It was really good fun. My favourite part was building space things out of cardboard and singing Happy Birthday to Tim Peake before we went to sleep."
Tim Peake thanked the group, tweeting, "Thanks for the good wishes everybody - have fun."
The next Tim Peake-themed sleepover for families, suitable for children aged 7 - 11 years old, will be held on Saturday, 5 August at The Novium Museum and is available to book now for £25 per person.
People can find out more by calling 01243 775888 or visiting The Novium Museum
Date of release: 11 April 2017