- Check food ratings before booking your Valentine's meal
- Chichester schoolchildren create a haven for wildlife
- New parking system goes live
- Holocaust Memorial Day service will also pay tribute to former Chichester MP who fought for tolerance
- Young couple from Midhurst feel like new thanks to weight loss workshop
- Don't miss out on your chance to nominate your heroes for a sports or community award
- Parking made easier for Chichester visitors and shoppers
- Waitrose store for Midhurst one step closer
- Find out about what funding is available for apprenticeships at employers event
- Benefits cheats receive community orders after falsely claiming more than £21,000
- Extra funding will protect the coastline at Selsey and The Witterings
- Council reminds benefit claimants to report any changes in circumstances
- The Grange is searching for residents who share its birthday
- Free courses to help independent retailers get online
- Leading councillors back proposal to freeze council tax
- Plenty to do across Chichester District this half term
- Take a selfie with a Roman Soldier during #MuseumWeek at The Novium Museum, Chichester
- East meets west as Kathakali comes to The Novium Museum, Chichester
- Try a Tri - get set for the Natures Way Foods Chichester Triathlon Series
- West Sussex transit site opens in Chichester
- Councillors agree to freeze council tax
- Market will bring a taste of Italy to Midhurst
- Council asks if market should move into city centre to help support local businesses
- Special forum to be launched for sports clubs and organisations across Chichester District
- Women in Chichester prosecuted for benefit fraud
- Prison sentence for Chichester benefit cheat
- Chichester encouraged to become Dementia friendly
- Benefit cheat from Chichester receives fine
- Residents reminded to make their vote count
- Council will defend Loxwood Neighbourhood Plan following further legal challenge
- Kids are encouraging visitors to nominate The Novium Museum!
- Referendum on neighbourhood development plan, Southbourne
- Changes to rural car park charges are considered
- Chichester parking charges are reviewed
- Public Inquiry - Land East of Broad Road, Hambrook
- Support your farmers' market during British Food Fortnight
- Council to develop 20 year vision for Chichester
- Investment in new coastal community team will bring economic benefits to Manhood Peninsula
- New plan will help to fund local infrastructure
- Syrian Refugees: statement from the leader of Chichester District Council
- Support for people affected by the Shoreham Airshow crash
- Chichester district is ready to Get Active!
- Have your say about changes to Council Tax for 2016 - 2017
- Apprenticeship Fair will offer exciting work opportunities to young people in Chichester District
- Free Pre-Diabetes Prevention Programme to start in Chichester district
- Residents invited to have their say about Community Warden service
- Residents across Chichester District will be able to boost recycling rates thanks to new technology
- Kathakali family fun day in Chichester will create an explosion of colour
- After hours experience at The Novium Museum, Chichester during Museums at Night festival
- Postal vote ballot paper error - Chidham & Hambrook Parish
- Boost your recycling efforts with plastic pots, tubs and trays
- Green waste team help save the life of Chichester resident
- Eggscellent activities across the district this Easter
- Support to small businesses across Chichester District is recognised at awards
- Communities across Chichester District can benefit from a share of £400,000
- Dog survives against all odds
- Celebrate Chichester Careline's 30th anniversary on 9 July
- Councils join together to celebrate 30 years of helping people to live independently
- Just days left to enter the Natures Way Foods Chichester Triathlon Series
- Time to put a team together for the Natures Way Foods Chichester Triathlon Series
- Keep fit and healthy thanks to gym refit at Westgate Leisure Bourne
- Chance for artists to work with award winning artist at The Novium Museum
- Loan from London museum inspires new exhibition at The Novium Museum
- Councillor takes to the streets of Chichester District with recycling collection crew
- Harvey's climbing the Eiger for Brain Tumour Research
- Summer activities to keep the whole family entertained
- New coastal community team will bring economic benefits to Manhood Peninsula
- Tuck into Chichester's Food Fare
- £63,000 grant will help tell the story of a Chichester hero — and friend to Nelson
- Chichester Farmers' Market shortlisted in the Sussex Food and Drink Awards 2016
- Council gives local plan the go ahead
- Community invited to give their views on the future of Chichester's market
- Perry the Peregrine is helping people across the district be #ChiActive with new partnership
- Next stage begins for Enterprise Gateway to help boost the local economy in Chichester District
- Hundreds take part in 'best ever' Natures Way Foods Chichester Triathlon Series
- Visitors give Chichester's 'hidden gem' the stamp of excellence
- Prison sentence for woman who falsely claimed thousands in benefits from councils in Chichester and Arun
- Heatwave - be prepared
- Free allergen information seminars for businesses in Chichester District
- FREE wellbeing session during Diabetes Awareness Week
- Patchwork art project brings community together at The Novium Museum
- Get set for the Natures Way Foods Junior Aquathlon this summer
- Inspector gives local plan the green light
- New cabinet is announced at Chichester District Council
- Residents encouraged to attend East Head coastal exhibition
- The Novium Museum in Chichester wins public vote to work with award-winning artist
- Vote and help bring award-winning artist to The Novium Museum, Chichester
Council will defend Loxwood Neighbourhood Plan following further legal challenge
Chichester District Council has confirmed that it will defend the Loxwood Neighbourhood Plan, following a further legal challenge by developers.
The challenge made by Crownhall Estates has meant that the referendum planned for Thursday 7 May has been postponed, to allow the council time to address and consider the issues raised by the developers.
The council's Cabinet met today (Friday 24 April) to discuss the plan and gave it their full backing. It is now hoped that the referendum will be held towards the end of June.
Letters have been issued to all residents in Loxwood updating them of the situation.
The district council has been supporting the Parish Council and the Loxwood Neighbourhood Steering Group to make sure that their Neighbourhood Plan meets statutory requirements. Following the first referendum, Crownhall Estates challenged the district council's procedures in respect of strategic environmental assessment. The district council accepted that errors had been made and agreed to repeat the referendum on 7 May.
The same developer has now submitted a further application for judicial review of the district council's procedures and the content of the Neighbourhood Plan.
"We would like to apologise to all of the residents in Loxwood for this delay and the problems that we have experienced," says Diane Shepherd, Chief Executive Officer at Chichester District Council.
"We are extremely disappointed that we've had to postpone the date of the referendum, but it was important that we reviewed the procedural issues raised by the developer before going ahead. We believe that the plan is legally compliant and we intend to defend the challenge.
"The parish council and steering group from Loxwood have worked really hard on the Neighbourhood Plan, which aims to guide the future growth and development of the parish. This will be a significant consideration in the determination of planning applications and appeals and provides the community with an opportunity to influence the outcome of development proposals. I want to give the residents of Loxwood my reassurance that we are dealing as quickly as we can with the challenge and will make sure that another date is set for the referendum very soon."
Residents are also being reminded that this does not affect the district and parliamentary elections taking place on 7 May and they should cast their votes in the normal way.
Date of Release: 24 April 2015